If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I don’t do resolutions. The arbitrary changeover of the year does however provide an opportunity to set some things down, so I thought I’d write down some things I hope for during this next spin around the Sun.
- Continued employment: I don’t even need to enjoy my job. I just want to keep having one. (But it’d be great if it got better.)
- Tolerable health: It seems like I’m always sick, and I’m used to that. I just don’t want to have anything major go wrong for me or my wife.
- Cat poop in the box: Yeah, dream on. Let’s dial that down to keeping it on the tile floor of the bathroom rather than spreading to new and exciting locations.
- No nuclear Armageddon: Everything else sort of depends on this one. At least I grew up expecting to be bombed, so fearing death by nukes feels oddly comfortable.
- Writing: Lots of this. At least a first draft novel completed for the first time in nearly 20 years.
- Impeachment: It could happen, right? Right?